Do you celebrate half-birthdays? Christmas in July? In that case, you’ll love today’s offering, since we’re right around the opposite point on the calendar from Halloween and yet I’m going to take some time out to put together a quick-and-dirty Halloween playlist using some of the choice tracks from the actual full Halloween playlist I have in my library.
1. Thriller – Michael Jackson
2. The Horror – RJD2
3. Ghost of Stephen Foster – Squirrel Nut Zippers
4. Runnin’ With the Devil – Van Halen
5. Fresh Blood – The Eels
6. Boris the Spider – The Who
7. The Sinister Minister – Béla Fleck and the Flecktones
8. Scarecrow – Ministry
9. Bad Man Coming – Crooked Fingers
10. Red Right Hand – Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
11. (Don’t Fear) The Reaper – Blue Öyster Cult
That’s a list that goes to eleven, there. The Squirrel Nut Zippers’ “Hell” is on my full Halloween list and could just as easily be thrown in here. For a band that can produce such spooky and eerie tunes, they also did a nice little Christmas album that’s as appropriate for that season as “Ghost of Stephen Foster” is for Halloween.